Monday, March 21, 2011

So I know I didn't post regularly this trip. But I decided that it would just be easier to type all of it into one blog instead of like 8 new posts at once. It wasn't my fault I didn't post either there was no Internet in that church! It's chill though I'll post now :)

So we got there Saturday morning and it was like we had all been up for like 48 hours straight. Crazy ridiculous I know hahaha anyways we get to the church and they let us sleep for like an hour before it's time to start training and stuff so we do that for like five hours and then we find out that we have to start our childrens ministry the next day! Shock to me considering we had only had a little training and didn't even know what all we were going to be painting at that point. So okay change in plans I decided I'll just post the first day post since it's longest hahaha but yeah anyways so the next day we went back out to work with the same kids and they were so excited and brought their papers back and just it was incredible. Then that night we went out to do adult ministry. What it was was we went out to the Lincoln mall in south beach and set up the preach-o-matic (which is basically a big easel) and the black light and just painted and preached and passed out tracks to people and talked to people who had questions and yeah. Amazing. One conversation that really sticks out to me was one with this hispanic guy from Europe who believes in some.. i dont know. like some prophet that's living today and that is like the return of Jesus.. yeah right okay dude. he straight yelled at me and i was like oh no sir.. so i walked off and let phil deal hahahaha whatever.

all in all the trip was amazing and i met some really amazing people. i'm soo thankful for them. i know i sound all sentimental, but yall know how i've been struggling this whole year and it's just like God finally put people in my life that i feel like i can hang out with and that aren't judgemental and are genuinely fun. like tonight we went out and watched nacho libre then played apple to apples.

i'll finish this one tomorrow for sure, i'm soo tired right now :)
peace and blessings loves :)

No comments: