Sunday, March 21, 2010

remember the name

remember the name - fort minor

great song. underlying message maybe?


"ten percent luck.
twenty percent skill.
fifteen percent concentrated power of will.
five percent pleasure.
fifty percent pain.
and a hundred percent reason to remember the name."

i was listening to this song earlier (love fort minor ps.) and i was just thinking about the lyrics of the chorus. like what does that say about what they were thinking when they wrote the song?

i think it's apparent that they want to leave their mark on the world. i would say they are probably trying to leave an imprint through their music and while i was thinking about these things i was wondering what i'm leaving in my life?

how does my life look to those that don't know me? what am i good at? how do i know that what i'm working for and what i've been working for for seven years is really what i'm supposed to be doing?!
.anxiety.

finally i had to stop thinking so much. and then it hit me. maybe these aren't the things that are already supposed to be done in my life. i can't leave a mark in music like mozart of brittney spears and i'm not going to pretend i'm going to cure cancer. but by the end of my life or maybe even by the time i achieve my goals i want to be able to say that i worked hard for what i got and i was blessed. that's what i want my life to be built on. hard work and great things. i'm not going to just sit back and let things go anymore. i'm going to strive for excellence.

i didn't really work hard in school until this year. i'm not gonna lie. i just did what i did to get by and i've found myself studying this year. legitimately studying for things that i normally wouldn't have. strife. promises. love.



No comments: